At the beginning of last year, I decided to track how many books I was reading with the aim of reading 30 books.
In the end, my total was 13 books which I’m really pleased with because before that, I was averaging around 2-3 books a year. I absolutely adore reading but my work load at university meant that I was neglecting reading for fun due to the sheer amount of reading I had to do for assignments.
I’ve decided to keep 30 books as my goal for this year and I’m really hoping one of them might be in French (although I’ve said this every year for the past 6-7 years ha!)
Here’s a list of all the books I read in 2018:
- The Mistletoe Seller, Dilly Court
- Faking friends, Jane Fallon
- Five on Brexit Island, Bruno Vincent
- Snow Angels, Elizabeth Gill
- How To Stop Time, Matt Haig
- Genuine Fraud, E. Lockhart
- We are all completely beside ourselves, Karen Joy Fowler
- The Lying Game, Ruth Ware
- Three Things about Elsie, Joanna Cannon
- The Wife Between Us, Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen
- The Last Family in England, Matt Haig
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz, Heather Morris
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, Gail Honeyman
Ending the year on Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine was absolutely fantastic. It was definitely my favourite read of 2018, with How To Stop Time coming in at a close second. I also really enjoyed The Wife Between Us which I thought was really clever and my summer holiday easy read recommendation would have to be Faking Friends.
Let me know if you’ve read any of these books or if you have any recommendations from the same authors!