There are two key components of a recipe that make me fall in love with it. One, is a quick prepping and cooking time. The other, involves minimal washing up. Today, I’m bringing you both with my simple salmon tray bake recipe.
A salmon tray bake is one of my go-to recipes. Salmon is my favourite fish to eat because it’s a budget friendly, meaty fish. Tray bakes involve a very small of washing up which is perfect for a mid-week meal. You can actually spend most of the cooking time sat with your feet up, it’s that easy.
Wine recommendation: James recommends a white wine with citric flavours for this recipe.
Check out these tasty dinner time meal ideas!
Simple Salmon Tray Bake Recipe
This recipe takes me back to the Mediterranean and I love the freshness of the vegetables. The red pepper and courgette combination is one of my favourites and I use it a lot with tray bakes, pastas and rice dishes.
Don’t be afraid of using too much olive oil either. We don’t want our vegetables to feel dry when they come out of the oven. The oil and the seasoning will give your vegetables even more flavour!
Top tip for reducing your cooking time: Chop your potatoes into smaller pieces to get them to cook quicker. Cook them at a higher temperature for the first half of this recipe and then reduce the temperature before you put your salmon in!
You can also use other vegetables with a salmon tray bake. Our favourite alternative is with broccoli stems and asparagus. Be aware, if you want to try this recipe, the cooking times for the vegetables are different! You can also swap out the roast potatoes for croquette potatoes or sweet potato fries.
If you like this recipe, you’ll also love my quick vegetarian chilli recipe!
Here’s how I make my simple salmon tray bake recipe
Simple Salmon Tray Bake
- Oven Proof Dish
- 2 Fillets of Responsibly Sourced Salmon
- 400 grams Baby Potatoes
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Chop up your potatoes.
- Place your potatoes into an oven proof dish and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put your potatoes in the oven and set a timer for 20 minutes.
- Slice the courgette. Chop and de-seed a red pepper. Chop up the red onion.
- Drizzle olive oil on the salmon fillets and season with salt and pepper.
- When your timer ends, take the potatoes out of the oven and add your courgette, red pepper and red onion to the oven dish. Drizzle with more olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix up the vegetables so that they are evenly coated.
- Place your salmon skin side up on the top of the vegetables and put the dish back in the oven. Set a timer for 20 minutes.
- Check that the salmon is thoroughly cooked before eating. Enjoy!
Let me know what you think to this recipe. I love to hear from you. Sign up to the Take a Paws newsletter so that you’re the first to hear about new recipes!
Always remember to take a paws!
love how easy this looks! I’m making this for lunch today 🙂
So glad you liked it and I loved the picture you sent me!