I’m always truly honoured to be nominated for these awards as there are so many fantastic bloggers out there and it feels so special that I have been included.
I would like to say a huge thank you to Diana for nominating me on her blog This Life as D. You can also connect with her through her Instagram and Twitter.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given within the blogging and writing community in support of other bloggers and writers. Individuals are chosen for their thoughtfulness and generosity, positive content and attitudes, and support towards the writing community. Anyone can nominate their favorite blogger, writer or someone who has made an impact.
Rules of The Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you, provide a link back to their blogging sites.
- Answer their questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about their nomination via their blog or social media.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
My answers to Diana’s questions
- What inspired you to start blogging?
There wasn’t a particular moment that I thought, “yes! I’m going to blog”. I’ve always enjoyed writing and I think it’s the best medium for me to express myself. I tried vlogging in the past but I just didn’t feel comfortable.
- Which one of your posts would you like more people to read? Leave a link!
I think the most important post I’ve written was one of my earliest body image posts where I talk about disordered eating without a diagnosis. I’ve had feedback where readers have really related to what I say and they take comfort in knowing they’re not alone.
- Who is your favorite singer?
I find this question really difficult because I’m quite flexible with my music preferences. According to my Spotify, the artist who’s songs I’ve saved most is Ariana Grande but I haven’t saved many of her most recent songs.
- Who is your personal hero and why?
My mum helped me out of a tough situation by showing me the truth I needed to see. I’ll always be grateful to her for doing that, even though I didn’t like it at the time.
- Name one book that has left a mark on you.
When I was younger, I read a book called Jemima J by Jane Green. It’s about a woman who struggles with her weight and her feelings towards her own appearance. As a young girl with body image issues, I related to the character a lot.
- Who was your favorite Disney character growing up?
I loved Belle from Beauty and the Beast but Eeyore is my ride or die.
- Besides blogging, do you have a different job? What is it?
At the moment, I’m a postgraduate student finishing a thesis. From there, I hope to get a position working as an assistant psychologist.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Australia and New Zealand. I talk about going there all the time and I’d love to stay for 6 months.
- If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Michelle Obama. She must have so many stories. I read her book but I’m sure there’s more to tell.
- What’s your all-time favorite memory?
My favourite memories are from my childhood when I would spend weekends at the caravan with my grandparents. I also loved visiting the Rockies in Canada, so that’s a special memory too.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
The power to heal.
My nominees for The Sunshine Blogger Award
Alex Grace, Living Pretty Happy
Paris, The Girl in Flat 26
Ilona Taylor-Conway, Pesky Pelvis
Kay J, Unveiling the Mind
Katie, I go by Katie
Charlotte, The Robsons
My 11 questions for you!
- What’s your favourite season of the year?
- What’s your favourite way to spend a Saturday morning?
- Who do you call in a crisis?
- When do you feel at your most creative?
- If you had to pick one outfit to wear for the rest of your life, which would it be?
- What’s your favourite type of baked goods?
- You have won an all-inclusive trip to the destination of your choice. Where are you going?
- Which series would you recommend I watch next?
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
- Which achievement are you most proud of and why?
- Do you prefer breakfast, lunch or dinner?
Please check out the bloggers I have nominated – all of them run fantastic blogs! Charlotte’s (The Robsons) choice of writing format is through Instagram but nonetheless, what she has to say is important and inspiring.
Once again, a huge thank you to Diana for the nomination!
Feel free to sign up for email alerts for new blog posts! You can also follow me on social media through Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest.
Thanks for reading!
I loved your answers!! Hope you had fun and thanks for the shoutout ! ?
I found some of them quite difficult! I’m rubbish at picking one thing! Thank you again for the nomination!
Thanks so much for the nomination Charlotte! I really appreciate it! It’s been fun reading your responses and getting to know you more. Jemima J was one of my favourite books too – Jane Green is a brilliant storyteller x
Yeah, I read lots of her books! You’re very welcome!