Yes, you heard that right! You can make this AMAZING 30 minute homemade burrito recipe as a mid-week meal or a weekend feast and it won’t break the bank. In this recipe, I’m bringing you simple ingredients that you can find at your local supermarket to make a mouthwatering Mexican meal.
What can you expect from this amazing 30 minute homemade burrito recipe?
Well, as it says in the title, it only takes 30 minutes to cook. I absolutely love creating recipes that hover around the 30 minute mark. At the end of the day when you’re tired and don’t feel like cooking, I want you to have a recipe that you know you can can count on.
Tip: for an even quicker meal – swap the brown rice for boil in the bag white rice. It only takes 8 minutes to boil which will decrease your cooking time to 20 minutes!
I also wanted to prioritise using ingredients that can be found in your local supermarket. If you’re on your way home from a busy day and you haven’t planned what you’re going to eat, this recipe is so easy to think of! There isn’t a tonne of fancy ingredients that you have to remember.
It’s also really easy to add vegetables to it for some extra nutrition (particularly if you have fussy children). Instead of peppers, you could also add carrots or sweetcorn.
Tip: to really save time, boil your kettle for the rice to heat the water up quicker. After you’ve put the rice on to boil, then prep your vegetables.
Watch how I made these burritos or keep scrolling for the printable recipe!
Share your creations!
I love seeing you recreate these recipes so don’t forget to let me know what you think! Tag me on Instagram or Twitter and use the hashtag #takeapawsfood
Check out what other people have been sharing! You guys loved my Simple Salmon Tray Bake and my 5 Minute Scrambled Egg Recipes!
Homemade BBQ Burritos
- 250 grams beef mince
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- mature cheddar cheese
- 3 spring onions
- 1 pepper red/yellow/green your choice!
- 1 packet Old El Paso Seasoning Mix Smokey BBQ Flavour
- 2 wraps
- Boil the brown rice for 25 minutes until cooked.
- Meanwhile, drizzle some oil in a large pan and cook the beef mince until browned.
- Add the chopped spring onion to the pan and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add your pepper to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- When the rice is cooked, add to the pan with the beef, peppers and spring onion.
- Add the Old El Paso Seasoning.
- Add as much or as little cheddar cheese as you like. (I added about 2 handfuls.)
- Fill your wrap! At this point, you can also add some salsa or sour cream if you want to. To fold the burrito, fold the bottom and the top of the wrap over your filling and roll from one side to complete. If you're still unsure, watch the YouTube video for this recipe for a demonstration.